Thursday, April 22, 2010

Taxes and My New Jeans

See these:

They might soon be mine!  All because I finished these:

 

It should have all gone smoothly, given that I used QuickTax and it has 'quick' in the title.  Between you and me, it was more tax and less quick.  I didn't really look so much like this:

as like this:


and sometimes even like this (especially the skirt and heels part - that's really what I look like when I do taxes):


It was complicated and annoying, but I perservered and eventually this happened (man am I in better shape than I thought - check out those muscles):


and there was celebration in the end zone (funny how Southern Ontario suburbia has been transformed into Buenes Aires and I'm cute and young and hip):




This year I struck a deal with hubby that if I did the taxes my little old self, I could get a new pair of jeans with the money I saved.  Wahoo!!! In the past we have used an accountant to do our taxes because for years I was self-employed and the taxes were very complicated.  This is no longer true, so I thought we should do them ourselves.   All I can say is I'm glad the taxes are done.  Now thinking about jeans - that's much more interesting! 

I read on Little Green Notebook that she loves these Always Skinny Mid-Rise Jeans from the Gap and finds them very flattering.  When I hear about a pair of jeans that are flattering on someone over 30, I sit up and take notice (actually I have no idea about how old Jenny is but she was talking about post-partum bodies and that's good enough for me).  I thought I should give them a try.  Anyone else have some jean suggestions for me.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you for getting that done...such a horrible job! Those jeans look great...we don't have Gap here unfortunately but I did love it when we lived in the UK. Go for it...I mean them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, tax time is not fun! Glad it's behind us! You better show us those new jeans on :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine tackling taxes. Good for you. My new jeans are DKNY with the square metal studs on the back pockets. I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the reasons I so enjoy visiting your blog is because you crack me up!! This post is so funny! Your a riot! Your gonna be such a fun mom-in-law!

    Have not taken a closer up picture of my paris china because my close ups suck! They always turn out fuzzy, I'm still working on it!!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, taxes in Canada are as frustrating as taxes in US. As for the jeans, I can't do anything that has the word "skinny" in the title. I'm far from that!

    ReplyDelete