Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Photo - Who Has Seen the Wind?

I entertained myself this past weekend at the cottage by taking photos that would show how windy it was.  It's not easy to take photos of the wind, but I like to set myself challenges so this is how I entertained myself.  I went around the island taking photos of wind, or more truthfully photos of the effects of the wind.  

What do you think?  Do you feel windblown when you look at these photos?  When you see the last photo you will see what Juno thinks.


Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.


 But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

    

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I.


 But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by. 


poem by Christina Rossetti

7 comments:

  1. Great post Grace, I love all the photos but that last one is too cute!! It was wonderfully windy here yesterday and I thought about grabbing my camera and trying to capture the force and beauty of it, but you have done a much better job I think!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on to your hat! It looked like a blustery day. Lovely post. I'm surprised it didn't blown him down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that picture of the mutt is priceless! What a trooper! Hey, I just have to interject. Parts of the movie "Who Has Seen the Wind" was filmed near my hometown in Sask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos Grace but the one of Juno I just want to snuggle him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ! Poor little Juno! He looks like the wind might blow him away! I have always like that poem. I think W.O. Mitchell took the title of his book, "Who Has Seen the Wind" from this poem...it's quoted on the opening page of the book. I have an autographed copy of his book from 1981!! Love how you give yourself little fun challenges! My sad little challenges to myself are more like, "ok. today I am *really* going to clean the bathroom." lol. ANgie xo

    ReplyDelete