Friday, July 15, 2011

Three Amusing French Sights

I've already shared many of the things that impressed me about France in previous posts, but here are a few that struck my funny bone.


1) The seven brides (with their grooms) that we saw at the Arch de Truimph.




2)  The security guards, police, and vans along a street near the Seine all gathered together, so we were told, because they were having a Carnival later in the day.  Yikes - it must be some kind of wild carnival!




3. Everyone gathered around the Mona Lisa in the Louvre.  There are so many people that you can hardly see her way off in the distance.  She's one popular lady, is all I can say!




1 comment:

  1. I've heard about those big group weddings. I wonder how that comes about? Did twelve friends decide to pair up and get married at the same time, or are the six pairs complete strangers who happened to meet at the Paris airport? "What a pleasant surprise? Let's hang out together in Paris!" No doubt the real explanation is dull, but it's fun to think of alternative scenarios.

    ReplyDelete