Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WISH Wednesday #2

I really felt I needed to do one more pumpkin-related WISH picture (Weekly Inspiration for a Seasonally-decorated Home) before Hallowe'en is over.   I was smitten with this fall bouquet as soon as I saw it.  I love the colours of the flowers - everything from a deep burgandy to a golden yellow.  I love that they are simple flowers, like mums and sunflowers, but looks so elegant because of the presentation.  I love that they used a white pumpkin as the vase.  And finally, I love the photography and styling with the light hitting the top petals of the sunflowers and the mini white pumpkin adding interest at the front.  


I just might try something like this one day - and now I've got the inspiration picture to remind myself.


BHG
What kind of flowers do you like to use in the fall?

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty and deep colours. A great contrast with the white pumpkin and just unexpected enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite fall flowers are dried hydrangeas, so rich and burnished. Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fall arrangement, it would be perfect for a Thanksgiving table!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete